Home  •  About  •  Terms of Use  •  Login  •  Register
 Main Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

Main >> Whom do I contact?

Table of Contents

How do I report a power outage?

To report power failures or downed power lines, please contact the APS Customer Solutions Center at (602) 371-7171 in the Phoenix area or (800) 253-9405 elsewhere. They have personnel available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

How do I report a street light that is out?

Security lighting is important, whether it's in a public street or your neighborhood street. APS will happily repair all street lights owned by APS. Reporting a street light outage is simple, just complete and submit an online street light outage form. If you would prefer to speak to an APS Associate, please call us at (602) 371-7171 in the Phoenix area or (800) 253-9405 elsewhere

How do I report a broken water pipe or water leak?

If you have or see a water emergency, such as a broken water main/fire hydrant or water gushing from the middle of the street, call Arizona-American Water Company Arizona-American Water Company 24 hours a day toll free at (800) 383-0834. Remember that the AAWC cannot repair leaks on the customer side of the meter. If the water emergency involves an area of Association responsibility, such as sprinklers, bubblers, fountains, etc., please contact the Community Manager.

I smell natural gas, who should I contact?

Whether you're a Southwest Gas customer or not, call immediately to 1-800-528-4277.

How do I report suspicious activity?

If you feel that life or property are in immediate danger, dial 9-1-1. To report non-emergency suspicious activity, please see the question below.

If I need law enforcement - NON EMERGENCY, whom do I call?

Contact the Surprise Police Department by phone at (623) 222-4000 or e-mail at police@surpriseaz.com.

If someone's dog is running free, to whom do I report this?

Try to contact the owner. If this is not possible or the owner is a repeat offender, the City of Surprise Police Department utilizes a full time Animal Control Officer who responds to animal related problems. You can reach them at (623) 222-4000. The Maricopa County Rabies and Animal Control is not contracted for such services within Surprise.

My neighbor's dog won't stop barking, to whom do I report this?

First, you should try to make contact with the owner and make them aware of the problem. Generally, dogs are left outside when the owner is away and the owner may not be aware of the problem. If this is not possible or the problem persists, contact the Surprise Animal Control Officer (623) 222-4000. You may also contact the Community Manager to have the Association send the owner a letter.

If someone's cat is running free, to whom do I report this?

Try to contact the owner. Agencies do not generally respond to calls regarding cats as cats are considered 'free roaming' animals.

How do I report a problem/emergency with an area of association responsibility?

If you see any problems within an area of Association responsibility, please contact the Community Manager and let them know of the problem. This is for HOA related maintenance emergencies only.

Who do I contact to get involved with neighborhood activities?

The Board of Directors is always looking for owners to participate in neighborhood activities and to get involved with assisting the Board of Directors by serving on any number of committees. If you are interested in a community project, serving on a committee or would like to be involved with what the Board of Directors is doing, please contact the Community Manager or attend the next Board meeting.

There is a beehive/swarm of bees in the common area, whom do I call?

Please contact the Community Manager so they may have the problem resolved as quicly as possible.

The street needs to be repaired, whom do I contact?

The Public Works Department is responsible for the care and maintenance of all streets within the City of Surprise including sweeping, grading, storm clean up, pick up of dead animals, repair of pot holes and cracks, repaving and more. If you notice a pothole, a street or sidewalk in need of repair, report it to the Public Works Department at (623) 222-6000. Please note the street, nearest crossroad and direction.

To whom do I report graffiti?

Graffiti is costly and destructive, and sends a message that the community is not concerned about the appearance of its neighborhoods. Graffiti is against the law. You can take control of your neighborhood by quickly removing graffiti. Prompt removal reduces the chance of graffiti reappearing and helps maintain a safe, secure and attractive environment. To help in the effort, first contact the Surprise Police Department so they can take a police report. In addition, please notify the Surprise Public Works Department at (623) 222-3013 as well as the Community Manager so the graffiti can be removed.

To whom do I report a blighted property?

In addition to contacting the Community Manager, you may contact one of the Code Enforcement Officers at the City of Surprise.



Lost Password?

Register now!


Terms of Use and Privacy
Copyright 2004-2008 Canyon Ridge West Homeowner Association
This site best viewed at 1024 x 768 screen resolution